Weather & Travel Information
Travel & Weather Information: Hurricane Dorian
Travel & Weather Advisory Information
3:30 PM EDT, September 5, 2019
The evacuation for coastal counties including all of Beaufort County ordered in Sunday's press conference has been lifted.
We are extremely grateful that Hurricane Dorian has moved past Hilton Head Island and that minimal damage was caused. Our thoughts are with the many communities affected by the storm.
We encourage our visitors to check with their accommodations, airlines or other travel partners regarding any impact to travel plans from the storm. Please refer to official sources such as NOAA or storm-related information.
Updates we are aware of at this time include:
- Savannah Hilton Head International Airport is taking flights as of today and returning to full schedule tomorrow.
- Hilton Head Island Airport (HHH) and hospital remain closed.
- The bridges and causeway onto the Island are open.
- Hotels (Full & Select) are working to reopen as soon as possible.
- Homes & Villas need to be inspected and reopened, case-by-case.
The Hilton Head Island-Bluffton Chamber of Commerce will continue to monitor conditions and will provide updates as they are available. Official updates can be obtained from www.scemd.org.
*All times are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
National Hurricane Center - nhc.noaa.gov
National Weather Service
Beaufort County Sheriff's Office
Town of Hilton Head Island
Twitter: @HHI Emergency
Town of Bluffton
Beaufort County, Hilton Head Island, Bluffton Hurricane Re-Entry Hotline: 1-800-963-5023
* If you live in a gated community, please note that your POA/HOA may not be open for re-entry even if the county or town is open.
2018 Hurricane Guide
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Bob: 106.9
- Rock: 106.1
- The Island: 93.5 FM / 1130 AM
- ETV Radio: 89.9 FM
- GPB Radio: 91.1 FM
- The River: 98.7 FM
- Rewind: 107.9 FM
- SC 103.1 FM
- The Surf: 104.9
- Hank FM: 98.3