Destination Weddings in Bluffton, South Carolina
When you’re in Bluffton, you can see and feel the love.
Bluffton is a charming, historic, coastal town, centrally located between Savannah and Charleston – the perfect destination wedding location! Imagine a ceremony set against a stunning backdrop of breathtaking water views. A waterside chapel, a grove of ancient oak trees, a bluff overlooking the beloved May River at sunset…where do you want your special day to take place?
You couldn’t wish for a more romantic setting than Montage Palmetto Bluff, offering expansive views of the May River and majestic oaks. The quaint Village Square is well-suited for celebrating with your guests under the massive branches of ancient oak trees. Unique historical venues include the Heyward House and Colcock-Teel House, with interesting architecture and picturesque grounds.
Start planning your Bluffton wedding by contacting Robin Bridgers.
Featured Bluffton Partners
Wedding Applications & Important Information
Here are a few things you should know before planning a Bluffton wedding:
- Both applicants must apply in person at the Office of the Judge of Probate at the county courthouse or the Probate Court Satellite office on Hilton Head Island.
- Beaufort Office: The Beaufort County Courthouse is located at 102 Ribaut Road, at the Government Center at the corner of Ribaut Road and US Hwy. 21 in Beaufort, SC - (843) 255-5850, and is open Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Hilton Head Island Office: The Probate Court Satellite Office is located at 539 Wm. Hilton Parkway, Hilton Head Island, SC - (843) 255-5866, and the Judge is available only Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays, 9am-4pm, by appointment only.
Other Important Information
- Valid identification is required, including Social Security number and another form of ID, such as a state driver's license with picture, birth certificate (only if bride or groom is under 18), passport, military ID, military department's ID or state ID.
- A marriage license may be used statewide. The cost of the license ranges from $50-$95. Cash and correct change is required.
- A blood test is not required.
- There is a 24-hour waiting period.
- The ceremony may be performed by a minister or Notary Public.
- South Carolina does not have Justices of the Peace.
- To hear a recording about this information, please call (843) 255-5875.