Ingredients for Panko Fried Stuffed Blue Crab:
- Two type 1 male blue crabs
- 12 ounces of jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 ounces of chives
- 2 ounces of parsley
- 6 ounces of Panko
- 2 ounces of Texas Pete buffalo wing sauce
- 2 ounces if Worcester sauce
- 6 ounces of mayo
- 2 ounces of old bay
- One ear of corn (cut in half)
- 3 red skin potatoes (whole)
Preparation for Basil Oil:
- In a largo bowl mix chives , parsley, Texas Pete , Worcester , mayo , and Old Bay . Add the crab meat in by folding it into the mixture. Be careful not to break the jumbo crab meat into small pieces.
- Once the mixture is even and consistent, cover and set aside.
- Remove the upper shell of the blue crab and clean out the interior of the body . (The crab meat from inside the blue crab can be added to the mixture or left in the shell to cook).
- Once the crab is cleaned, boil the shell for 10 minutes to assure all the crab meat in the claws, and any meat left in the crab, is cooked thoroughly.
- Once the shell is cooked, fill the cavity with a palm sized amount of the crab mixture. Then, dip the crab in milk, then flour, then milk again, and then drip in Panko.
- Deep fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and potatoes to the boiling water and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with tartar sauce or a spicy aioli and enjoy!
More Trending Stories
With so much to see and do in Hilton Head Island, proper fuel is a key part of getting ready for your next Lowcountry adventure.
Whether you’ll be here on Hilton Head Island for New Year’s Eve (hey--there’s still time to…
Ingredients for Blackened Local Mahi Mahi 4 Mahi Mahi Filets, 7 oz each Hudson’s Blackening Seasoning 2 oz fresh Jumbo Lump Crabmeat 1 cup Spinach 2 tbsp Mayonnaise 2 tbsp Parmesan
Find Your Island Time
Hilton Head is America’s favorite island, offering 12 miles of pristine beaches and everything you need for the ultimate retreat. Enjoy easy days relaxing in the sun, sand and surf on some of the best beaches in the country.