An At-Home Island Time New Year's Eve
Whether you’ll be here on Hilton Head Island for New Year’s Eve (hey--there’s still time to book a vacation home or a hotel!) or celebrating from afar, we want to inspire you to celebrate with us the Lowcountry way! We’ve put together some simple tips to infuse some island flavor into your at-home NYE celebrations. Read on for our best tips to say goodbye to 2020 and to usher in 2021!
Go All Out with an Oyster Roast
There’s nothing like an oyster roast in the winter to warm you up and put you in good spirits! It’s easier than you’d think to have an at-home oyster roast. If you’re here on Hilton Head Island, a proper oyster roast would be on a metal slab over an open fire, but this method allows you to enjoy the same flavors with just a backyard grill.
- 2 dozen oysters (or plan for approximately 12 per person)
- Dish towel or burlap soaked in water
Preheat your outdoor grill to high heat; between 400° to 450°. Carefully scrub and clean all oysters. Arrange oysters in a single layer on grill; cover with wet burlap or dish towel. Cook, covered for 10 to 12 minutes or until oysters open. Using tongs, carefully transfer roasted oysters to a platter. Serve warm with condiments of choice sauce, saltine crackers, and oyster knives to get shucking!
Like spice? Want to kick it up a notch? Leave a few oysters un-roasted, shuck them, and try out a Carolina Rooster Delight! Watch this simple video to learn how to make this spicy specialty.
Toast to a New Year with a Peach Bellini
Champagne is great, but Bellinis are extra special. This signature recipe from The Sea Pines Resort will transport you immediately to Hilton Head Island with its bright peach flavor and zesty lemon notes. A drink that’s fit for New Year’s Eve if we’ve ever tried one!
We have plenty more delicious recipes for all tastes from your favorite Hilton Head Island restaurants if you need more ideas for your New Year’s Eve feast.
This year’s NYE festivities call for a low key, at-home affair. No crowds, no pressure, no long lines, and… no dance floor. Don’t fret; you can still have so much fun saying goodbye to 2020 and hello to 2021 by enjoying life’s simple pleasures: your closest family members, some good tunes, and a bit of sparkle. Here are some tips to make your night in extra special:
- Buy some sparklers and glow sticks! Fun for kids and adults alike, these are fun to light up as the clock strikes midnight.
- Video chat with your friends and family who can’t join you in-person. Looking for the perfect Zoom background? We just so happen to have a great variety of Hilton Head Island and Bluffton backgrounds to jazz up your virtual world.
- Get your groove on! An at-home dance party is a sure-fire way to garner some laughs, burn off some energy (and to tire out the kids before midnight), and start 2021 off with a positive attitude. We’ve put together the following playlist, Welcome 2021, filled with hopeful and positive tunes for all tastes.
Dream of 2021
2020 showed us that anything can happen, and anything can change. We also know that having something to look forward to is one of the best ways to feel optimistic about the future, keep motivated, and can be a positive distraction.
Start dreaming of your 2021 vacation to Hilton Head Island now; as a couple, as a family, or as a friend group! Begin planning your vacation to America’s Favorite Island® with our official Vacation Planner today, or browse special offers from our wonderful partners that extend well into 2021.
More Trending Stories
With so much to see and do in Hilton Head Island, proper fuel is a key part of getting ready for your next Lowcountry adventure.
Find Your Island Time