Hudson’s Blackened Local Mahi Mahi With Spinach, Jumbo Lump Crab, and Parmesan crust
Posted on February 15, 2018 by Hilton Head Insider
Recipe courtesy of Hudson's Seafood House On The Docks
Ingredients for Blackened Local Mahi Mahi
- 4 Mahi Mahi Filets, 7 oz each
- Hudson’s Blackening Seasoning (available at www.Hudsonsonthedocks.com)
- 2 oz fresh Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
- 1 cup Spinach
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Parmesan
Method for Blackened Local Mahi Mahi
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly season with blackening season.
- Sauté in pan on both sides for about one minute.
- While fish is cooking, in a mixing bowl add mayonnaise, crab, spinach, and parmesan.
- Remove fish from pan and place spinach mixture on top.
- Cook in oven for about 8 minutes.
Method for Sauce, Tomato Coulis
- Toss 3 vine ripe tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Then roast tomatoes at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Roast 3 garlic cloves in extra virgin olive oil for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool and put into blender with tomatoes.
- Add ¼ cup of chicken stock and ¼ cup of cream.
- Blend until smooth.
- Put on bottom of the plate, and then add fish and crust.
Chris Carge - Executive Chef
Hudson’s Seafood House on the Docks
More Trending Stories
With so much to see and do in Hilton Head Island, proper fuel is a key part of getting ready for your next Lowcountry adventure.
Whether you’ll be here on Hilton Head Island for New Year’s Eve (hey--there’s still time to…
Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.For the cake: Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt…
Find Your Island Time
Hilton Head is America’s favorite island, offering 12 miles of pristine beaches and everything you need for the ultimate retreat. Enjoy easy days relaxing in the sun, sand and surf on some of the best beaches in the country.