Hudson’s Blackened Local Mahi Mahi With Spinach, Jumbo Lump Crab, and Parmesan crust
Method for Blackened Local Mahi Mahi
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly season with blackening season.
- Sauté in pan on both sides for about one minute.
- While fish is cooking, in a mixing bowl add mayonnaise, crab, spinach, and parmesan.
- Remove fish from pan and place spinach mixture on top.
- Cook in oven for about 8 minutes.
Method for Sauce, Tomato Coulis
- Toss 3 vine ripe tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Then roast tomatoes at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Roast 3 garlic cloves in extra virgin olive oil for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool and put into blender with tomatoes.
- Add ¼ cup of chicken stock and ¼ cup of cream.
- Blend until smooth.
- Put on bottom of the plate, and then add fish and crust.
Chris Carge - Executive Chef
Hudson’s Seafood House on the Docks
More Trending Stories
With so much to see and do in Hilton Head Island, proper fuel is a key part of getting ready for your next Lowcountry adventure.
Whether you’ll be here on Hilton Head Island for New Year’s Eve (hey--there’s still time to…
Find Your Island Time